PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY
USB-PET Protocol and Electrical Tester Includes “On the Go” Testing
Page 1 of 1
A new USB protocol and electrical tester is capable of performing the suite of tests defined in the USB Implementers Forum, Inc.’s “Battery Charging, USB On-The-Go and Embedded Host Automated Compliance Plan.” The Packet-Master USB-PET from Saelig is connected to a host PC using a High-Speed USB connection, and controlled using the GraphicUSB application software, which can generate test reports and perform analyzer-style captures. USB-PET’s front panel features a micro-AB receptacle and a D-type connector for connection to a unit-under-test. The rear-panel allows the connection of a meter or oscilloscope for monitoring, for example, VBUS voltage. Single unit price is $5,995.
The series of tests that Packet-Master USB-PET can perform includes:
• OTG Compliance Testing: USB-PET provides automated compliance testing of both the data protocol and the electrical and timing requirements of the On-The-Go and Embedded Host Supplement to the USB Revision 2.0 Specification. All aspects of On-The-Go and Embedded Hosts are tested, including VBUS voltage and current performance, and SRP, HNP and ADP protocols.
• Battery Charging Compliance Testing: USB-PET can carry out the compliance testing required by the USB Charging Port Compliance Plan, including tests on Charging Ports, Portable Devices and Accessory Charger Adapters.
• Analyzer Functionality: USB-PET can capture an analysis of bus activity during the compliance test, in the same format as other MQP analyzers. This allows rapid investigation of protocol-based test failures.
• Control of Testing: Tests are usually carried out as a suite for a particular type of Unit-Under-Test (UUT), but individual tests can also be selected to investigate a particular failure. Users can even write their own test scripts to modify parameters for more in-depth or special investigations.
• High Speed Electrical Test Modes: Single click operations allow the initiation of any of the High Speed Electrical Test modes defined in the supplement and the core USB specification.
Saelig, Pittsford, NY. (585) 385-1750. [www.saelig.com].